|AG KI / TZI|
|Am Fallturm 1, TAB|
|Tel: –49 -421 218 64016|
|Fax: –49 -421 218 64047|
|Office: TAB, 1.54|
Currently, I am heading the software team at Magazino, a Munich-based startup developing robotics solutions for intralogistics.
From January 2013 to December 2014, I was a post-doc in the Intelligent Autonomous Systems group at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence. Before, I worked at the ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories in Kyoto, Japan, on the Ubiquitous Network Robot project.
I obtained the Doctor in computer science from TUM in November 2011 for my thesis titled Knowledge Processing for Autonomous Robots. From February to May 2009, I was a visiting scholar in the Human Sensing Lab at Carnegie Mellon University where I worked with Fernando De la Torre on models of human everyday activities. Previously, I studied Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at the RWTH Aachen, Germany, and Robotics and Embedded Systems at the ENSTA in Paris, France. I spent one year as an intern at the Accenture Technology Labs in Sophia Antipolis, France, where I worked on visual localization and mapping.
News, talks and events
- I was featured in an article on transfer learning in robotics in Businessweek this month.
- I'll be one of the speakers at the seminar on 3D-Umgebungserfassung organized by Fraunhofer IPA.
- Three of my papers have been accepted to IROS 2013.
- I'm co-organizing the workshop on "AI-based robotics" at IROS 2013 in Tokyo in November.
- The IEEE member newspaper “The Institute” featured our work about robots for improving the quality of life.
- Our paper on the RoboEarth language got invited to the IJCAI special track on "Best papers from sister conferences".
- The RoboHow project I'm managing received quite some media coverage lately, including some TV, radio and newspaper interviews.
- From July to November 2012, I'll be a post-doc in the ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories in Kyoto, Japan, working on the Ubiquitous Network Robot project.
- My paper The RoboEarth language: Representing and Exchanging Knowledge about Actions, Objects, and Environments has won the Best Cognitive Robotics Paper Award at ICRA 2012.
- I have co-organized the IROS 2011 Workshop: Knowledge Representation for Autonomous Robots. The workshop program and proceedings can be found here.
- A tutorial on the KnowRob knowledge base I gave at the CoTeSys-ROS Fall School in November 2010.
- The Robots podcast has interviewed me about my views on robots as personal assistants.
- Video of a CMU VASC seminar I gave together with Jan Bandouch in 2009.
Prof. Michael Beetz PhD
Head of Institute
Prof. Dr. Michael Lawo
Prof. em. Dr. Otthein Herzog
Open Knowledge for